FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warsaw Lounge Situation?
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:05 am
yurtripper

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by megaloman
I'd say it's safe to assume person who compiled eligibility list was an intern and did it with no knowledge / clue how alliances, frequent flyer statuses work. Main misconception can come from the fact that as Star Alliance elite you need to have at least *Gold to enter "Gold Track", lounges etc (with an exception to M&M Silver - or Frequent Traveller status). You apply same rule to non-Star Alliance airline and you end up with only BA Golds allowed to enter the fast track or lounge. One of those silly mistakes which usually takes a bit of effort to sort out.
That's almost certainly the case. WAW is very much *A dominated and whoever knocked up that description of access rules likely confused *A principles with OW ones.

Even when it comes to *A rules they often get it wrong, such as insisting that you need *G written on the BP in order to access Gold Track or the lounge (if you're on a *A flight then having the physical Gold card will do, even if you're crediting to a carrier you don't have status on). That's just not WAW though, this can happen in a lot of places (MAD had a dragon by the entrance to fast track who insisted I didn't have access rights... until I coopted someone from LH to put her straight).