FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Success (or Not) Upgrade Main Cabin / MCE to Premium Economy; How, Details
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:02 am
andersonCooper

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by georgeroads
<screenshot deleted>

As I said in post 10 we were already in premium economy trying to go to business. On a W fare the upgrade is 15k miles no cash. The question is why others on the airport upgrade list in lower order were upgraded and to what class? I'm still confused. As I said J was sold out and there were 7 cleared upgrades.
I get where you are from.

Without knowing you in person there is no way to know whether you are on this list or not. My point is there is a chance that you are not even put in the upgrade list by (potentially incompetent) AAgent who does not know how to request mileage upgrade for PEY bookings. Some thought payment is required regardless of W or P (which is not true) but if no credit card info is available, then no request for upgrade (which is also wrong since W does not need copay).

Sold out also does not mean there won't be no show. (My last SWU cleared was sold out way ahead and at the airport while the upgrade was clear after boarding due to no-show).

At the end of the day, it's correct that we don't really know. AA's upgrade list is confusing for multi-cabin and should have been made more clear.