FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow T5 Security - Watch out !
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:27 am
sjrk1

Programs: Clan Loganair, BAEC (Blue4life), AMEX
I always put my valuables in a specific pocket in my bag that way if I get a bit flustered going through security, I know exactly were it is.

However, a couple of months ago I didn't put my Breitling (which I've had 15 years since a teenager) in the usual pocket, got stuck behind a family, got randomly selected to go into the x-ray booth, got patted down, all this time my bag was sat sitting on the conveyor. Collected bag, opened the pocket, no watch! Panic! I emptied the bag, couldn't find it, had the contents strewn over EDI security socks, pants, toothbrush, the lot - still no watch. I was distraught, tears welling up, didn't know what to do, only to find it in the mesh bottle holder on the side of the bag!

Be consistent in your valuable placement!

One thing I don't understand is they want you to remove all metal items regardless of size but the bones of my shirt collars never set it off. I have sets made from different materials brass, silver, stainless and CoCr but never an issue
Originally Posted by waldorfmuppet
Indeed - had the same problem with a £5 belt at T5 security.

The only reason I was so keen to get it back was that my trousers were falling down.

I was travelling last year and lost a fair bit of weight but despite walking through the scanner with my legs stretched in a fashion reminiscent of a pantomime cowboy, they ended up round my ankles when walking through the scanner

Last edited by sjrk1; Aug 2, 2018 at 6:33 am Reason: splleing