FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Relentless UA In-Flight Credit Card Pumping
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:24 am
laxmillenial

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Alohashirt
Recently my work has required flying frequent transcons from IAD to SAN. In the last few trips, the credit card selling by flight attendants has grown more frequent and annoying. The low point came a few days ago on my "red eye," where FA's blasted their sales pitches mid flight. This was in addition to forcing passengers to watch the idiotic Tracee Ellis Ross commercials on their seatback monitors with the ability to turn them off disabled.Clearly, the crew was aware that some people try to sleep on overnight transcon flights. But why care about that when there's a $60 reward for each application submitted? The net result of this relentless pitching is that flight attendants will soon get the same level of respect as telemarketers and spammers. Passengers will get in the habit of ignoring any of their "announcements," even the safety warnings. Or they will attempt to escape with noise-cancelling headphones. Flying is not the same thing as agreeing to sit through a time-share pitch in exchange for a hotel stay. But apparently, UA has decided that its customers are truly a "captive" audience that must and will submit.
Sorry. We all don't like it, but it's not "required" on every flight thanks to the UA executives. And I believe there's a $100 reward.

Invest in some noise cancelling headphones. And of course, if you want to try and fly an airline that doesn't blast a CC announcement, your choices start dwindling rather quickly...

Just remember, it's an "enhancement based on passenger feedback!"