FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minor: Rejected for LAX Flagship Lounge Access
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:31 pm
Emadissi

Just checked into the LAX Flagship lounge and my experience immediately made me think of this post. As background, I’m a 21 year old woman who is generally mistaken as a 16/17 year old (a couple months ago I was given a children’s menu at a restaurant). Went to the downstairs checkin for my long layover, after I was handed back my ticket and flagship loung pass, the woman asked “You’re 21, right?” And let me go on my way. After exiting the elevator, the woman upstairs again asked though this time it was “how old are you?” Because I asked her for a shower key, she brought me to the desks inside the flagship lounge itself and announced to the agents there that she had already checked my age. One of them remarked that he thought I looked to be about seventeen. Though at this point I offered, no one asked to see my ID. This was all while dressed very casually with my hair in braided pigtails. So, perhaps, OP, you just need some more lenient/trusting agents?