FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update: Aimia accepts Air Canada, TD, CIBC & Visa revised $450-million Aeroplan bid
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:10 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Would be interesting to board a domestic flight in Canada on AA/BA using my Aeroplan points...haven't been able to do that with OneWorld since Canadian left the market in the early 00s
You mean OW actually flies to Canada?

Let's do some math. If OW makes 8% of their seats available as rewards to AE members, and they have about 20,000 seats per year departing Canada (and none domestically), then how many AE points will those 1,600 seats cost, or how long (expressed in millenia) will the average AE member need to wait to be able to get a reward seat. (Somebody can probably point out that I am off by more than an order of magnitude on the number of OW seats departing Canada... But so what? As a percentage of *A seats they are such a trivial amount as to make the whole discussion laughably stupid. If I was a AE shareholder I would ask for the board to be replaced on the general grounds that they are clearly too dumb to tie their own shoe laces or even zip up on the way out the door in the morning, never mind run a business with a valuation of $250m or whatever the rapidly declining number is.