FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The stupid PNR auto-splitting at T-24 needs to stop
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:01 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by extreme_panda
Thanks WineCountryUA. So the risk of checking in at T-24 is that we'd both be listed on the standby waitlist for business, but listed separately, so one could possibly clear without the other? (and then we'd have to ask for a downgrade).

Just to confirm my understanding, I need R=2 (at least) to happen sometime between now and T-3 in order for us both to be upgraded together?
Actually, I don't know if we've determined whether or not instrument-supported upgrades split automatically at T-24 or not. If you don't clear, you'll get an email saying that you'll be added to the standby list; at that point, the reservations may already be split.

Yes, you need R >= 2 to get upgraded (watch it, and call if you see it; they haven't always been processing upgrades immediately). And, yes, if the PNR is split, you risk having one person upgraded and the other not.

You cannot decline splitting the PNR during the check-in process when using an instrument. The only way to prevent the PNR from being spilt is to call and remove the upgrade request before the split occurs.