FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues {Archive}
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:14 pm
nabz34

Delayed bag scanned at destination airport but now lost?

My family flew in from Beirut, Lebanon (BEY) to Houston (IAH) via London (LHR). MEA on the BEY-LHR leg and United (UA4) on the LHR-IAH leg. They arrived on 7/27 and had a total of 7 checked bags with them. None of the bags made it to IAH, all were left behind in London. Filed a claim with United immediately upon landing in IAH terminal E and given file reference number. Over the next few days, 6 out of the 7 bags were delivered to us, but one bag remains missing. The missing bag is shown as having been scanned in IAH (arrived from LHR on UA4 on 7/28). However, that bag was never delivered. Kept calling baggage resolution center, and they said "your bag should be in Houston at the airport" they would send requests to get the bag delivered, but nothing. One rep from baggage resolution suggested maybe the identifying tags fell off and asked for unique items in the bag which we provided, but that was a few days ago and still nothing. Yesterday went out to IAH in person to ask about the bag, since it was supposedly there. Initially they said "it looks like the bag was last scanned in customs" but then they went back and checked and said they couldn't find it and had no idea where the bag is. It's been 5 days now. I'm puzzled how the bag apparently made it from London to Houston, but got lost after arriving at the destination airport (Houston).

Any suggestions?

Obviously filing a claim for lost bag through United and will follow that up with a claim on my Chase Sapphire Reserve card, but would prefer to get the bag back if possible. It's got to be somewhere at IAH if it was last scanned there I assume. Unless someone else took the bag in the baggage claim/customs area?

Would appreciate any advice, if you think there's anything else we can do to try to get the bag back.