FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas FF Rewards - Don't promote loyalty
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:48 pm
benglim88

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer, Velocity, Krisflyer
Qantas FF Rewards - Don't promote loyalty

Discovered yesterday that QFF rewards program is purely a profit program and not concerned with customer loyalty or service.

I booked a classic rewards flight to KL for my parents, so my Mum could go visit her sister.

However, my mum is a little concerned about the return leg being Penang>>KL>>Singapore>>Sydney

So, I booked a separate flight via another rewards program to go from Penang direct to Singapore.

Big mistake. After speaking to Qantas I was informed a couple of important facts.

1) Because it's a rewards flight they will not allow me to cancel the KL to Singapore leg without cancelling the Singapore to Sydney leg.
2) If they don't show for the KL to Singapore flight, the Singapore to Sydney flight is automatically cancelled.

While I understand that I am one of the 20% or so of Frequent Flyer Points collectors who actually use their points, to be treated as a second class customer is kinda disconcerting.

The person on the phone was quite insistent on "Terms & Conditions".

Yes. I understand Qantas is a business, but customer service is what makes your business successful. Not allowing you to cancel a leg of a flight even if it's a connecting flight is stupid.

Moral of the story- don't book connecting flights with classic rewards, you'll get screwed over if you have to make a change for whatever reason.

Qantas, your lack of customer service in today's day and age really explains why you aren't doing so well financially (admittedly your FF rewards program must be making you tons of money)