FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:57 am
wyogold

Originally Posted by AdamAAFlyer
Hi all,

I've been reading and following your advice for years, first post today! I am very familiar with the Wiki, but I have a unique situation today. For years, I call and get an offer to compensate me for the annual fee when it comes due, thereby not triggering the 24 month rule. However, today after multiple calls, I was told each time that there is no offer on my account and the only option is to downgrade my card - which would also trigger the 24 mo rule. What do you guys think I should do? I don't want to wait 2 more years to earn the sign-up again, and so i guess my options are to cancel, get the credit, and begin the mailer game (I haven't yet signed up for a new account so those would be a few months out) or I can pay and be eligible to get the bonus again next June. It feels funny as I've actually never paid for one of these cards over the last 15+ years!

Thanks guys!
Cancel, get mailer for from Reddit, use that and get the bonus regardless of 24 months. I haven't paid for a platinum card ever but accrued a lot of bonuses...