FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:23 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by HanoiIG
OK My wife and I are regulars in New York. We are treated like royalty and greeted by name but desk staff, bellmen, barmen and even breakfast waiters. If the downgraded us a few times we would still be so far ahead as we have often gotten amazing suite upgrades. We know the neighborhood so well and love to stay there.

We also are well known in Philly. the hotel is perfectly located, within walking of Rittenhouse square and the SEPTA lines and so many restaurants. I have a contact now in front office so I just write to him and he quotes us great price on a suite. Even when Accor website has "deals" they are always pre-pay and I am allowed flexibility.

As it happens we are also regulars at the Metropole in Hanoi and usually visit every year. Again, I have a friend or two there and when I send a request in Vietnamese, I get instant gratification. I love Club Sofitel there and breakfast in Le Beaulieu.

Munich is also one of our favorites but we don't get there as often. In Berlin it's Gendarmenmarkt. We just love going there and will return soon now that Staatsoper in home again in Unter Den Linden.

We are soon returning to Vienna and have really enjoyed that property. It's not right in the center but you can view the riesenrad from the room and easily walk to the old city, even the opera if enough time is allowed.

We lived in Sofitel Plaza Hanoi for two years and returned often until they rebranded as a Pan Pacific.

So far I have had great success in most Sofitels. I think we have been to 25+ and it fits us well. Not that Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton are unfriendly, it's just that we are perfectly suited to Sofitel.
So what would you say changed for you as former FPC member, compared to now being LeClub members (I suppose from your stays at Sofitels you were LeCLub members before the merger this July already?) while staying at the Plaza in New York? (I assume you mean the plaza, a fairmont managed hotel, because if not your post has nothing to do with fairmont at all, which this thread is discussing, because I have the suspicion you might have missunderstood the purpose of this thread, no offense).
Any changes at all? Or would you say your personal recognition might have stayed the same? Was something better? Has the staff changed much?