FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:47 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Noticed that too -- I wonder if we can preorder as EXP for our complimentary meals as well? If you pay onboard, maybe so...
Originally Posted by AAway
No, not at this time. Only BOB (actual purchases, not comp) and only test routes such as DFW-SEA-DFW

I saw this option on my DFW-DCA flight this morning. (I cleared the upgrade on yesterday's outbound at the 100-hour window but didn't clear today's flight until ~28 hours out.) So I decided to pre-order the breakfast sandwich, on the assumption that that way I would have one available for me in case they might otherwise run out. (My presumption was and still is that if an EXP pre-orders a BOB meal for Y, it will be provided without charge--why would they charge?)

But then I cleared the upgrade, so I pre-ordered kale pesto omelet.

So here's the funny part: I'm currently on the flight, and the flight attendant says, "Sir, it looks like you have pre-ordered a cold breakfast sandwich. And you have also pre-ordered the regular eggs. Which would you like?" Obviously I'm going with the hot meal. But I find it interesting that the upgrade & re-select doesn't erase the previous order.