FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Japan Baseball tickets
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:52 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Serious question: how many matches sell out and which match does he/she plan to go to? I've only been to one, sadly, but it was FC Tokyo v. Nagoya Grampus and I was able to walk up and buy one from the ticket office at Ajista. I ended up in the general admission area with the FC Tokyo supporters but if OP's friend wanted nicer seats, maybe it wouldn't have been available. I only casually follow the J-League but I would imagine that a derby like one between the Osaka teams or S-Pulse v. Jubilo Iwata would sell out but I have my doubts about a lot of the other matches.
There's hardly any sellout in J-League. Reds and Frontale may sell out sometimes. Derby matches as you say, and Tamagawa Classico (FC Tokyo vs Frontale), Marinos matches at Mitsuzawa Stadium, games where championship or relegation is on the line. Those matches will sell out.

He's not looking for any particular game or team. He just wants to go see a match. I'll have to look at the league schedule when they go to Jpn and see what matches are on. I'm just going to recommend they go to a game where the stadium is soccer-specific (no tracks) and is easily accessible by public transport (ie, not Machida Zelvia). The only way I've known to get tix are either at konbini machine or at the gate on match day. I might just recommend he do the latter. Personally I've never bought tix at the gate, because it's more expensive on match day.

Originally Posted by angra
I'll be visiting in a few weeks and will check on this if no one else has by then. If you have specific chains that you'd like to make sure that I check, please post them.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The Ghibli museum tickets sold by the Lawson machines are only in Japanese. I know this because it gives a guide to buying tickets for English speakers on the Ghibli site.

That at least suggests that the machines in general have no English option.
Thanks for the offer, angra. But it sounds like there's no English option based on what Richard says.