FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:00 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hightide
I first requested CGK-DOH-HEL-KEF, first 2 legs on QR and last leg on AY. Was quoted 45K miles (not sure how did this add up). According to the rep, the 35K miles price is only valid if it's CGK-DOH-immediate destination city in Europe on QR. As I didn't like the 45K miles price, I settled with CGK-HKG-LHR-KEF for 35K miles.
Yesterday, my HKG-LHR CX257 flight got cancelled and I was automatically rebooked on CX239. I used this as an opportunity to change the CGK-HKG-LHR portion to CGK-DOH-LHR. The rep did an even exchange without refunding extra taxes paid (not too important as it's just a few dollars different).

Maybe I will call later today simply out of curiosity
CDG-DOH-HEL-KEF comes out at 45k if priced as Asia-2 to Middle East plus Middle East to Europe (25k + 20k)

You were lucky that in dealing with a flight cancellation, that the agent did it as an exchange ; if done in relation to just a voluntary change, it would have been repriced and probably needed 2 awards

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jul 31, 2018 at 3:23 pm