FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:38 pm
hightide

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Looking at QR's routing rules for CGK-KEF, it seems that it doesn't have published fares, only constructed fares

The routing for the constructed fare dies aliw for travel JKT-DOH-LHR-KEF but since it is not a published one, I would expect the airline to charge for Asia 2 - Europe and Europe-Europe for 35,000 plus 12,500 = 47,500

The only way that you can be sure though is to actually try booking it and seeing what AA quotes - it may quote it as 35,000
I first requested CGK-DOH-HEL-KEF, first 2 legs on QR and last leg on AY. Was quoted 45K miles (not sure how did this add up). According to the rep, the 35K miles price is only valid if it's CGK-DOH-immediate destination city in Europe on QR. As I didn't like the 45K miles price, I settled with CGK-HKG-LHR-KEF for 35K miles.
Yesterday, my HKG-LHR CX257 flight got cancelled and I was automatically rebooked on CX239. I used this as an opportunity to change the CGK-HKG-LHR portion to CGK-DOH-LHR. The rep did an even exchange without refunding extra taxes paid (not too important as it's just a few dollars different).

Maybe I will call later today simply out of curiosity