FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Savoy in London
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:52 pm
uclabruin82

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KatW

I understand that this might seem exorbitant but Jim and I no longer are middle-aged and we fly into London from San Francisco -- door to door that is about some 16 to 17 actual hours and assorted time changes inducing severe jet lag on our elderly bodies. So, hell yes I am willing to pay big bucks for early check-in.
As indicated above, I have some experience of the best London hotels with varing degrees of satisfaction over the last 25 years. Circumstances change over time yet it has been my experience to be delighted by The Savoy above others. Your mileage may vary, of course. And, that is what makes London such a great hotel destination, second to Paris ... but my travels are limited compared with most here.
that is brutal since that means your flight from SFO must leave very early and make it difficult to sleep.
Yes, we did book the room for the previous night so it was ready upon check-in. When I said that check-in took a while, I meant that the check-in person took a long time, we were not offered tea or water, check-in was not done in-room, etc.
I did forget to thank you for your review in your initial post, since it is appreciated, and I am always curious to see how other people feel about hotels. This one was just not right for us, but I can see how others would enjoy it.