FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Japan Baseball tickets
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:41 am
kevincrumbs

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by evergrn
Somebody asked me how to get J-League tickets while in Jpn.

I get my J-League tickets at one of those ticket machines at a convenience store. I get bus tickets there, too. It's very easy and convenient. But I'm Japanese, so using the machine is not an issue.
Serious question: how many matches sell out and which match does he/she plan to go to? I've only been to one, sadly, but it was FC Tokyo v. Nagoya Grampus and I was able to walk up and buy one from the ticket office at Ajista. I ended up in the general admission area with the FC Tokyo supporters but if OP's friend wanted nicer seats, maybe it wouldn't have been available. I only casually follow the J-League but I would imagine that a derby like one between the Osaka teams or S-Pulse v. Jubilo Iwata would sell out but I have my doubts about a lot of the other matches.

I started to get curious about this and did some poking around on the internet. It looks like the J-League's official website sells tickets but it looks like only for certain clubs and not terribly far out. I couldn't find anything past October.

https://www.jleague.jp/en/ticket/

Last edited by kevincrumbs; Jul 31, 2018 at 10:46 am Reason: Adding J-League official website information