FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:30 pm
B3nder

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Other differences may include:

Upgrades usually have no lifetime language, but applications-from-scratch usually do.
The Aspire already has language about 1 lifetime upgrade specifically with respect to a free initial weekend night cert on upgrade.
"and you are only able to receive this benefit with an upgrade to the Hilton Honors Aspire Card one time"

You're right that it wouldn't be that surprising if they start applying it for the points too. They already have vague language in the terms saying they can deny the bonus points at their sole discretion.

In the past 12 months, I ended up with 100k points+1night (on renewal in a few months) from the surpass late last year that was converted to an ascend. A citi reserve that was converted to an ascend that they gave me a retention of 20k points for 5k spend and I'll get 2 nights for 15k total spend. And 100k points from a new aspire.

I already had more Hilton points than I knew what to do with before the Amex Hilton cards -- but I had been saving for the better redemption values which have since disappeared so I will burn points any vacations now.

It would be awesome if they sent me upgrade offers on the ascend(s), I'd bump them to Aspire for 13 months.