FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis [Master Thread]
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:48 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks. I actually stayed at the Cheshire about 10 years ago. I did look there but the rate was >$200 vs the Sheraton at $150 or so. I won't be in the room much, so I wanted to keep budget down. I'll look at RI, Homewood, and Hilton to see if any of those might be better. The reviews on the Sheraton are awful! I did check the Clayton Plaza Hotel and they have rooms, but there's a bunch of TA reviews saying loud construction this summer is a major problem.

UPDATE: so I just looked and all are running >$200. The Sheraton says 3 min drive to WashU. Springhill is 8 min. I've got to just decide between these at this point. I hate it when a hotel gets as dumpy as this Sheraton seems to be. I stayed in one in Meriden, CT in the fall and it was a SUPREME DUMP. I could not believe how bad it was. A Motel 6 would've been better.
From what I have heard I would avoid the Clayton Plaza Hotel. I am LOL about the Sheraton in Meriden CT and I am assuming you actually mean the Four Points by Sheraton Meridien. My oldest kid went to school in Middletown and that was the closest SPG property and I spent 4 long years staying there off and on. Finally for graduation we were able to move to the Sheraton South Hartford which was pleasant.

If you are willing to drive a little farther you could look at the Frontenac Hilton. It is right off I 64 so it would add 5 minutes or so but it would be all highway.