FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kicked out of C+ due to PS re-config
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:04 am
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
They are 10% narrower, that does not count as "significantly more narrow" in my book. But maybe for you. I think your point about middle seats is fair, but since most seats are not middle seats they can rather easily be avoided.
10% more narrow? That is not accurate at all. The seat width perhaps, but the total space per seat is much less than domestic F. The arm rests on Premium Select are significantly more narrow than in F - unless you are both petite, you and your neighbor will be playing elbows (although obviously not to the extent that you do in Y).

While it is not entirely apt since on narrowbodies the F aisle is a bit wider, keep in mind that an F seat takes up about 75% more floor space than a Y seat. Premium Select seats only take up about 30% more floor space than a Y seat. That is a significant difference in terms of personal space.

The food is not just served on china, it's actually J class food from the same menu as D1 but with one tray service and not all of the options. I still think that, for someone who us trying to understand what this product is, explaining that it is very similar to domestic F is probably the best way to go.
It's airplane food. Whether it is J fare or Y fare it is all about the same. I'll grant you that the soft product is equivalent, but who cares about the soft product? If you gave the same food to a Comfort+ seat, would you consider that a premium experience too?