FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Claiming EU261 Compensation from AC
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:56 am
MasterGeek
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
Are you for real? Why would you call AC reservations about this? I wrote to call Customer Service and take it from there. Perhaps you are not very good at knowing how to phone a company and get a real live person to talk to without being put on hold for 30 minutes. I realize that discourages a lot of people these days. But that only happens when you do not know how to find a phone number that actually rings at someone's desk and they answer it. Do you really think there are no such phones within Air Canada's offices and that the only way to contact them is through their Reservations number?

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/air-canada/

As I wrote, you call Customer Service and see what response you get. If that doesn't work, you start working your way up the chain.
Air Canada and most airlines do not want consumers to be able to reach or be transferred to the refund/accounting agents by phone. There is a mentality of "insulation" going on.

Originally Posted by ffsim

Apparently the trick is to not actually call AC but to call someone at AC. Anyone who can’t do this needs to “learn” how to do it and potentially lacks the “people skills” to do do it successfully
So can one call Air Canada corporate office, dial a random extension number and if an employee picks up, ask them to look up the refunds/accounting extension/number for you ?