FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pmanchuk
It seems the poblano pepper is on permanent rotation for my domestic flights as of late - no surprise this past week, pre-order choices were the pepper or chicken meatballs and for whatever reason, I just can't bring myself to order "chicken balls", something rather unappetizing about the whole idea. So I decided to go the special meal route, which as others have eluded to, I'm thinking AA has opted for a one size fits (almost) all option being that the Muslim meal I received appears the same as the Asian veg (and I believe Hindu) others have gotten.

Truth be told, it was actually one of the better domestic meals I've had in quite some time - granted it was far from gourmet dining but in terms of flavour and quantity, I was very pleased with it and would say this will become my go-to option moving forward.

I will say, the FA seemed a little caught off guard with my pre-order and stumbled a bit trying to confirm it - to the point it felt like she assumed the pre-order details were incorrect... after a few seconds I just smiled and told her no worries, the order is correct... which I think she was quite relieved by as it appeared she couldn't bring herself to mention "Muslim meal". Don't get me wrong - she was quite pleasant but I can't quite understand the discomfort surrounding anything Muslim in the US... eh, suppose it's all par for the course with the political climate these days here.

I had ordered the Muslin meal out of Detriot since that city has a very large Muslim population and found the meal to be odd, it was more Indian (Hindu) then what I would think Muslim, but it was very good, and your observation about Peppers is correct, on said flight it was either Peppers or Bird Balls, now our next dinner flight which is in two weeks we have again Peppers and Bird Balls... I believe I have the Muslim meal or Hindu ordered for that flight (CLT-PHX)

Here is my Muslim Meal out of DTW.