FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Action against unprincipled passenger?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:58 pm
genotonda

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by NYCommuter

If you’re a teen and a pompous adult tells you to do something...often you do it.

The Concierge Key guy is a despicable person, and I’d tell him so, but nothing more to be done here.

I also question parents who travel in a higher class of service than their children. I don’t like that, either.
Obviously, to each their own, but I do not see why, at ages 16 & 14, that this should be a big deal. It's not like they were 8 & 10. At 16 & 14, they are more than able-bodied to take care of themselves for 10 hours, much of which will probably be spent sleeping. They have access to bathrooms, free food & drink, and don't have to cook. There are a multitude of possible reasons that the parents booked two different classes. No shame in the parents taking the more comfortable ride. Teenagers can pretty much sleep anywhere, are most likely smaller than the parents and can be just as comfortable in a smaller seat, and will probably just watch movies while they are not sleeping. It's not like the parents stuck them in Y, which I still would have no problem with, and feel all of my points above would still apply. If I were one of the teens, I would consider myself lucky to have had my parents spring for a PE seat for me.