FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Scotch - Best & Worst, recommendations, questions" thread
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:50 pm
Larrude
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by Duke787
Need to get a bottle of scotch for a couple of gifts. Looking for something in the $75-100 range that's fairly easy to get (NC ABC store is fairly limited so anything hard to get is going to require me ordering online and adding shipping to that cost). I'm guessing at that cost I'm looking squarely at the 15yo range with a couple in the 18yo range that might slip into that at the high end.

The recipients certainly aren't scotch aficionados but they aren't newbies -- have had my fair of scotch with them over the years.

Any thoughts?

I would love to get something like a Glendronach 15 but can't find that anywhere / it's not in the $75-100 price range anymore sadly.

As an aside Glenfiddich 18 is on sale for $100 at the NC ABC until the end of the month but I've never had so don't know if that's a legit option.
I often recommend Dalmore 12 year old as a good, drinkable Highland malt. I don't know the price range of stores in your area, but I would think it would fall in the lower end of your range. If available, the 15 year old is also a very nice malt that might be in the price range that you indicated.