FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Scotch - Best & Worst, recommendations, questions" thread
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:54 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Need to get a bottle of scotch for a couple of gifts. Looking for something in the $75-100 range that's fairly easy to get (NC ABC store is fairly limited so anything hard to get is going to require me ordering online and adding shipping to that cost). I'm guessing at that cost I'm looking squarely at the 15yo range with a couple in the 18yo range that might slip into that at the high end.

The recipients certainly aren't scotch aficionados but they aren't newbies -- have had my fair of scotch with them over the years.

Any thoughts?

I would love to get something like a Glendronach 15 but can't find that anywhere / it's not in the $75-100 price range anymore sadly.

As an aside Glenfiddich 18 is on sale for $100 at the NC ABC until the end of the month but I've never had so don't know if that's a legit option.

EDIT: Just to add read a few different reddit and other threads tonight, Glenmorangie 18 Year keeps popping up. Somehow I've never even had Glenmorangie period so don't know about the 18yo. Looks like I could get it online for ~$100 including shipping (paired with another liquor order for Buffalo Trace I have to make anyway)

Last edited by Duke787; Jul 28, 2018 at 9:51 pm