FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Action against unprincipled passenger?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:36 pm
CHOPCHOP767

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by lobo411
You always, always, always, ALWAYS report misbehavior. ALWAYS. Even when you suspect nothing will be done. Why?

(...)

3. You don't know what might happen in the future. Let's say that this guy does something really nasty, which results in a lawsuit against AA for failing to intercede. And let's say that he has a record a mile long of reported misbehavior, and AA took no action because all they cared about was getting the revenue he brought it. A lawyer can allege that AA violated its duty of care and shares liability for his bad actions. AA knew the guy was a bad actor because pax and FAs have reported him, and the airline failed to take the slightest, reasonable action to ensure its passengers' well-being.
From CK seat robber to CK tortfeasor? That's quite a stretch. AA will do nothing here. And flying weekly from DFW to MAD, in PE no less? No thanks. Enjoy that "life".

As for "always be reporting", from time to time on a late Shuttle flight especially, the FA will give me an extra mini bottle of booze. I'm about 99% certain that's verboten by AA. If you witnessed that, are you going to write in to AA to complain? About the FA? About me? Airlines also take note of the excessive complainers...