FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Action against unprincipled passenger?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:59 am
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by desi
Unrelated observation from a different point of view.
(I am sure it can all attributed to cultural differences)

Many years ago when watching the first Home-Alone movie, I had wondered what kind of parents put themseleves in business class and kids in inferior economy class. I had just assumed that all parents always compromise themselves to give better things to kids. (i.e. go hungry but give extra slice of bread to kids) So from that point of view, would have had no sympathy for OP. But I now realize that values are different in different cultures even on such minor issues of life. (Have also noticed that fairly common for US/UK parents putting themselves into balcony cabin and kids in dingy interior cabin on cruises).

But to each their own...

edit: Just noticed that couple of others posters have already made similar point earlier today. Glad to see some others feel same way)
My father was a top tier flier with LH for a lot of my childhood and for flights that only 2 people would be upgraded or 2 seats available, I was perfectly happy to stay in Y with my sister and let them enjoy up front.

my father is 6 feet tall. At the time I was like 4 feet. Plus obviously a child cannot drink. So Y as a child is perfectly fine.

Maybe was just me, but my parents were always clear that we werent owed anything by virtue of being born into a family with means to travel. So Y it was.