FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Action against unprincipled passenger?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:10 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SpinOn2
I firmly agree the CK was devious, a jerk who knew what he was doing here. That being said, as scummy as it is, I do not see how this should be anything more. Barring him using shear physical intimidation or force, I don't feel anything else should come of it. I think it's a little over-sensitive to think anything else is warranted more than a little "piece of the parents mind" and the good ole embarrassing walk of shame back to where you belong, which surely would hurt a DYKWIA's ego that he likely has massive of.
If it was just someone trrying to do a swap within the same ticketed cabin, I would agree , but in this case it is trying to scam a seat in a different class of servioe

I cannot understand why an airline member of staff would even have helped in such a seat swap - if someone came nto 1st class and tried to con a child to swap with an economy class seat, would the memer of staff help just as eagerly ?

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Out of curiosity, would you guys put a kid or vulnerable young woman in an aisle seat rather than a window on the grounds that there's less chance of them being groped in an aisle seat?
Have you looked at the reality of such risk? the chance of a stranger on an aeroplane doing such a thing is extremely low and if such an imporobable event were to occur, can't see that the likelihood of it occurring in an aisle seat is that much less than a window seat. This would have to be a stranger that would actually even attempt this whilst in a middle seat next to another persn

anyone that worried, I would hope would not ever leave the kid in the care of a family friend or regular baby sitter when going out , since a known trusted person is much more likely to do such a thing than a stranger

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jul 28, 2018 at 10:18 am