FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:51 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
just curious. are you retied? I am 100% leisure travel using my vacation time and money and doing about 200k flown miles (almost all in J class already) and have built up huge pile of alaska miles due to many discount J class tickets that I bought (or AA systemwide) i just dont have time to burn majority of the miles I earn. I even have a tough time to use up my AA systemwide upgrade... (burning miles would be after using up my AA SWU).
"Retied" as in tied up, untied and tied up again? LMAO!!!! 😉

I am recently "retired." However with my prior schedule rotation and statutory holidays I stretched my 5 weeks of vacation into 8. We do a couple major vacations each year and shorter 6-9 day mini vacation/mileage runs every 4-6 weeks in between. It is a good use of companion certificates and GGUs. We are both MVPG75K and earn 500-600K RDM between us annually with bonuses and some CC spend. Definitely the challenge is balancing awards and EQM to maintain staus. We do have friends in Australia & South Africa so CX has been useful. Using awards for respoitioning to do mileage runs has been fun too. I have some extra time now and taking advantage of the excellent award rates before any devaluation which seems imminent.

James