FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:33 pm
TV guy

Programs: AC 50k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dcchi
Can someone update what the $25 credit can be used for? For example, is it available for the lounge alcoholic beverages (or does it need to be from a specific bar or such)? We will be there for one night next weekend and any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
My experience a few weeks ago was that no one seems to really know what's included. I asked the concierge, and an FD manager and neither could tell me everything that was included. One thing they were sure about is that it doesn't accumulate. It's $25/day use it or lose it.

They ended up removing the charge as a "one-time" gesture.

Also don't expect any sort of upgrade. I'm Platinum and got a 6th floor room facing. Pretty noisy although I'm not sure if it was the street I was facing or the lack of soundproofing in the (historical) hotel. I stayed in mid-town a few weeks before (at a Residence Inn) this stay though and didn't have any problems with noise (it was also a much higher floor).