FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR T5 lounge advice for first timers
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:29 pm
WY114

LHR T5 lounge advice for first timers

Hi all and sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times by now.

I am flying with dad and sister on BA11 to SIN on Monday 30th via in LHR. Neither one of my fellow travellers have had the chance yet to fly on anything other than Economy, let alone enjoy a champagne or two in a Business Lounge before departure. I would like to use my Alaska status as MVP Gold to use one of the T5 Galleries lounges in LHR.

I appreciate your comments on both the North and South lounges, since who knows when will we travel via LHR again and how long will I retain status on AS. We are interested in nice seating, something to eat, maybe a shower and probably nice apron views. I have enjoyed the full Business experience before in the likes of EK, CX and so on, but I want this experience to be as special as possible for them. I am aware that I should keep expectations low but when compared to sitting at the gate for hours, anything can be amazing for a first timer.

On another note, AS allows me to guest only one person with me. I would very gladly yield my entry rights to them both but don't think that will work. I guess paying for the 3rd person is not an option either. I am also a bad beggar. Any chance there is a FTer coincidentially there that would like to guest one of us? That would be forever appreciated. What would you recommend for us?

Thanks all for replies beforehand!