FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:05 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by gmax58
I have a similar question for a flight I have next year about award tickets and ticket changes last minute:

My wife and I are flying LAX-HKG. We've confirmed 1 F (her) and 1 J (me) award. The ideal thing would be to have us traveling in the same class of service on the same flight.

If there is 1F availability on another flight later in the day, do you think it is worth the risk to confirm the F seat and then see if I can move up to the original flight (assuming, of course, there are seats available)? I realize there are unknowns here, so I'm just soliciting opinions.
If travelling on the same flight is important, stick with what you have. Monitor availability close in, starting at one month before departure (but more likely even more close in such as a week or less before departure).

If flying F is more i portant, confirm your seat on the other flight now. But landing at separate times, and potential for delays on the later flight might not be suitable for you.