FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inflight assault, man allowed to leave airport - Delta messed up
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:16 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davie355
Unlike sexual assault, kidnapping is a risk for which airports and airlines have elaborate operating procedures. TSA will ask border crossing-style questions of kids when they approach the ID checker. Flight attendants are trained to spot indicators of child trafficking.
And now, decades later, you'd think they would have gotten around to developing procedures and/or baseline training for how to deal with suspected physical or sexual assault.

Heck, most of my company works from behind laptops at home and we all still get training on this. It's pretty basic: if you have reason to believe something bad happened or is happening, call the authorities as quickly as possible.

I'd say a woman running down an airplane aisle saying "help me" because she was just groped qualifies as a reason to believe something happened. Immediate response should have been notifying the flight deck so they can notify the ground.