FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:31 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
I was just on hold with the Gold line for 30 (!) minutes to get an agent. After giving her all the info for the point transfer we were told that the Marriott web site is broken and she can't complete our request. When I asked for an ETA I was told there was none and we would have to call back every night for the next couple of days hoping someone would fix it.
Frankly, this is a joke. I then politely asked to be transferred to a supervisor at which point the agent became belligerent and hung up on us.
Wow, that's how far the Gold Elite line at Marriott has gone done. We'll see if we get that transferred and a travel package booked. Marriott has become such a joke and Marriott Concierge has been quiet on all these issues ... probably going the route of UA Insider ... away ...
There is no Gold line any more, in fact there is no Plat line any more.
And that is since at least a whole month ago. You are sadly way behind the current state of Marriott Reward.

Agents are all over the place - home based - I got one in late May when I signed up for Plat Challenge.
SLC if you are lucky - I got one after 3 30 to 45 min calls and disconnected on 2 of them, finally connected to SLC.
Mexico City - I got one last week but he knew his stuff and the miles showed up in my Aeroplan yesterday as they should.
London, Canada - I got one on Sunday and she had no clue on what she was doing as my AS miles that should be expedited, are still a no show in my AS account despite AS usually posted on Wed.
There are some definitely based in a more than 12 hours difference zone as I had one agent greeted me Good Evening when it was before noon EST.
So there you go. 30 min hold is not unusual if using the North America toll free number.
International numbers seem to fare far better.
Call Asia number after 9pm EST you get a human immediately.