FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class action case over fuel surcharge results in Avios distribution (US members only)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:23 pm
gormless

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
I'm assuming you are not Weiss. Their objection concerned this critique. Defendant argues that qualified class members had to make the purchase from their own individual account in order to receive compensation. If one member of a household account makes a redemption for one or more account holders, then it counts as one claim and not two. The cash option was calculated to account for all tickets purchased by an individual and not a household. For instance, I flew to JNB on BA in 2010. The flights I paid for myself and my then girlfriend were attributed to myself and not both of us because I was the payor of these fees and she was not. Further, as described above, both my brother and I belong to the same household and both of us received claim numbers because we each paid for tickets using our own accounts. Their objection will likely be quashed, and they are not presenting themselves to argue.
For my case, the flights were two-for-one redemptions. Myself plus wife. She's not made any independent redemptions during the relevant period so I don't see her having any disagreement with me getting the compensation.