FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:23 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by joshua362
Not over a weekend though, I got burned that way last year, new. Stayed there twice, 5 nights each and was not impressed. As a PLT premier no less.
I have been on both sides of this. With an upgrade and during the week the hotel is very good but on the weekends or without and upgrade not as much. Twice the upgrade was to this huge two room great suite with the bathroom in its own back hallway. But what I do not like about the property is there are no views and not much sunlight because of the surrounding buildings.

The Union Square FS has become my favorite property in that area. They have always given me an upgrade to a very sunny corner room. Given they have always had the suite available, and I think they have four of these corner rooms per floor, even as a Gold you may still get and UG. You walk into a small vestibule. Straight ahead is the dressing area and bathroom with its own floor-to-ceiling window, bringing in lots of natural light. To the right is the room, which is extremely quiet as there are no hallway walls. Because there are no buildings against the hotel on a couple sides the rooms have more sunlight and better views than the JW. The hotel does not have a huge lobby but IIRC I did get breakfast in the restaurant on the weekend. Sometimes the hotels blend together for me but I am having a pretty clear memory of the restaurant at that hotel and eating breakfast there.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jul 25, 2018 at 4:32 pm