FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini Trip Report(s): MR for kids
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:15 pm
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Sorry for the revive, but I can't leave this awesome thread without a comment!

This is really great and I absolutely love your trip report and I totally approve of raising kids as future FTlers
Being, well, not so young as I used to be, I can still remember flying with my parents to our yearly holidays in Turkey in Business. We always had golf luggage (I started playing at the age of 6) so most of the times paying for Business was cheaper than buying additional luggage. And that's where I learnt to love and appreciate Airport Lounges and Business class service and funnily enough from these vacations, the things I still remember today are the flights and I think your kids will too

My parents did not really care about routing, miles or status, for them it is nice to have, but they never really put effort into it to maximize their status or rewards (which I am doing for them now).
But one thing they did and I only found about just recently, was giving me a Frequent Traveler Account on Qualiflyer on Swissair as seen on the ticket below: (I was 4 months old at the time)

I'm not sure if that is still the account I have on M&M today, after transisting from Qualiflyer on Swissair to SWISS Travel Club on SWISS and then to M&M with the LH takeover, but I like to think so
I now have accounts in dozens of places but the card I have always with me, even though it has no status, is the (very old) M&M card. (Not sure what happened to my Qualiflyer and Travel Club Card).

So after this little journey into fond memories of mine I'd like to thank the OP for mentioning his great thread to me and allowing me to indulge myself in memories and nostalgia Thanks!