FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: survey about upgrades 23 Jul 2018 -- changes on the way?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:55 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I don't get it. Domestic upgrades are worthless to me because they don't apply to the transcontinental routes I fly. SWUs that don't clear at booking are equally worthless to me. The SWUs I can use on transcontinental often have a negative value (because C costs more than F).

Why shouldn't I respond to the survey? How does saying that negatively impact anyone?

1) i was mostly joking
2) it sounds like you're buying premium cabin already for all your flights, which means that status generally will provide little or no value to you (bonus miles and luggage tags, maybe a little extra baggage allowance?) -- but the point of airline loyalty programs for many (I'd maybe even say most) on this board is to get benefits for flights that we have to book in Y, whether it's business travel where OPM won't cover J/F or leisure travel for which we'd like to pay Y and travel J/F. As a non-DFW AA flyer, I find that AA does a great job of that for me... I was nervous about the EQD changes but really I've done much better as a 20-25k EXP than I thought I would. I even cleared LAX-JFK from coach to business (several days in advance, at that) the one time I didn't buy business, so I don't get the no-transcon comment unless you're referring to J-->F. so, my point would be that you are an outlier and I have an interest in having AA make changes based on my preferences and not based on yours