FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It’s called vomit fraud. And it could make your Uber trip really expensive
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:32 pm
steve64

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Uber really needs to screen potential drivers better as stuff like this seems to be on the rise. Though I would think a given driver could only pull this off a few times before Uber catching on.

And note that the fraud goes both ways. I've never have filed such a claim, but have friends who have (not drivers that I made friends with, but long term friends who became drivers). Two of them have been burned by having legit claims clawed back after the rider denied ever getting sick in their car.

The article suggests that Uber Support is too driver biased; that riders have to contact Support multiple times to get a false charge reversed.
The reality is that is how Uber "Support" works. They're not biased towards the drivers nor the riders. IMHO, their job is not to "support" either side, it is to "deflect" the issue until the complainer gives up and goes away.
Having to go back-n-forth multiple times (each time communicating with a different agent) to resolve anything is standard practice for both drivers and riders.