FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:00 am
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by CLEguy
This is false.
Originally Posted by BearSmart
One of my meeting managers insisted that Group Posting Tool does not allow posting until 10 days after the event. My meeting was July 21. Hopefully it will be posted by Jul 31.
as CLEguy says, not true. if the property is on it, the points can--and do--post the same day, with 10 elite nights just a few hours behind.

there are also properties that (claim to) use the tool promptly and somehow screw it up--i'm still working on getting three of the meetings i had in june to post. (see upthread, there were 14 meetings going back to may, weren't posting. some still haven't.)

fwiw, when you email marriott rewards, or call them, they just call the person you've been dealing with at the hotel to follow up, since the points have to come from the hotel using the group posting tool...so if the person you've been dealing with will still answer your calls/emails, it's worth touching base with her before calling or emailing marriott. additionally, i have never received a response from any of the emails i've sent marriott dealing with my own errant property...but if you call them, and wait 20+ minutes on hold on the platinum line, they'll at least call the property (and speak with the same person you've been dealing with all along) in real time and possibly get you an answer. good luck.

edited to add: as RogerD408 says above, odds are the meetings will post, correctly, in the time she told you they will. but wise to keep notes of everything, just in case.

Last edited by karenkay; Jul 25, 2018 at 9:16 am