FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Ambassador worth it?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:53 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bknets88
Gonna probably end up with 90 nights this year. Still undecided if I should go for 100. If anyone has any insight please let me know
i had an ambassador for 6 years & have now been without one for the last 6 months & quite honestly i don't miss having one....the first ambassador i had in 2011 & 2012 was amazing....i would have gladly stayed 100+ nights just to retain her services....but the other 4-5 ambassadors i had from 2013 - 2018 were hit & miss at best....

i've stayed 65 nights with spg & another 80 with marriott so far this year....the bulk of my travel is usually in the first half of the year so my remaining travel till the end of this year won't get me more than another 30-40 nights....my average night rate is usually around the $100 a night mark so its unlikely that i'll get to the $20k spend threshold required to get ambassador service....i could push to get to 100 nights at spg properties but that would require staying at properties that are not convenient for me so i'm probably not going to do it....

my suggestion would be to not go out of your way to get another 10 nights....if it happens then that's great....if not then you aren't losing out on much....