FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: survey about upgrades 23 Jul 2018 -- changes on the way?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:17 pm
autdi

Got the survey, told them 95% business travel, typically 1 route every other week, week here week there, repeat. Company pays, so all the would you use your money to do anything is a complete non-starter. Would I pay $600 for first instead of $700, of course not. The domestic first is laughable how bad it is on the flights I take all the time, I don't even bother to put in for the upgrades on the >500 segments as MCE is effectively the same thing, with the chance that someone is sitting right next to me. Given the scenario presented, I'd just buy 2 Y seats, have the extra space between me and the other person potentially in the row, and call it good. I think they fundamentally don't understand the reality of business travel. I get reimbursed for the Y seat, that's it, and that's been the rule at every company I've been at for more than 20 years.

Agree with the others that the survey really needed a none of the above on a lot more of the questions. Given the options presented, the answer is, how's a skype call sound, I'm not flying for that meeting.