FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues {Archive}
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:13 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by moops380
I have not run into this yet either, but airlines would love everyone to think that. Here is article 19 of the montreal convention which applies to delayed baggage, which does not say anything about returning to your home airport. It is limited to 1000 SDR which is currently about 1400usd. You must provide receipts for this compensation, and has nothing to do . with airlines policies, its an international law (doesn't apply on domestic us flights).

"Article 19 — Delay The carrier is liable for damage occasioned by delay in the carriage by air of passengers, baggage or cargo. Nevertheless, the carrier shall not be liable for damage occasioned by delay if it proves that it and its servants and agents took all measures that could reasonably be required to avoid the damage or that it was impossible for it or them to take such measures."
Good to know! I may have been confusing it with the credit card coverage. btw,does anyone know if there is a minimum delay requirement for airlines? I know credit card coverage will only kick in after 6/12/24hr of delay.

@sexykitten7 should try to claim for any expenses. Maybe try emailing [email protected] to see if they qualify for the $1500.