FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues {Archive}
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:57 pm
sexykitten7

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

in my opinion tone and tenor has a lot to do with you a comp. If this was your interchange seemed a little harsh to me with the choice of words you used (unless that's how your paraphrasing to us) and we're little bit more professional in your communication with UA. What compensation did you receive, and what did you request? That will help others in the form as well. Glad to see it's settled for you
Yes paraphrased. Here's my original email for your judgment Dunno what I received since ETC hasn't arrived yet. Original request was open ended (would have accepted $100-200) but my tone decreased in civility (and my expected comp increased) as this Kafkaesque story unfolded.

My bag was lost while traveling along my original itinerary (SAN-SFO-EWR-PWM). I was unable to check the status of the bag as the app stopped returning any data for that tag or my PNR.

I wrote to United Baggage and did not hear back. The bag eventually arrived 3 days late. It had already been found by the time they got around to answering my message.

While losing a bag is understandable, leaving customers in the dark is less so. I would be grateful if you could issue an ETC as a goodwill gesture.

Yours,
Sexykitten7

Flight Number: None

Flight Date: None

Approximate Departure Time: Anytime

Origin: None
Destination: None

Airport: None
Date: None

[ Attachment 1 Type: application/pdf Name: Contact Baggage Resolution Center - Confirmation _ United Airlines.pdf]