FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues {Archive}
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:53 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
I was seeking a goodwill credit for a service failure, not reimbursement for specific damages. Are you saying you can only get a courtesy credit if the bag is lost on the outbound?
You can get reimbursed for anything you needed to buy - phone charger, clothes, toiletries, etc. I believe they cover up to $100/day(?) when your baggage is delayed up to 3 days, and then it jumps to an automatic $1500 if delayed for longer.
Originally Posted by moops380
I mean if I only have 2 suits and they are delayed and I need a suit for something, and both are in my delayed bag, it should be covered under the same premise as if you were going "not home." not sure about the $1500 cash, but perhaps reimbursable with showing receipts. I have been reimbursed (with receipts) flying back to the USA (my home) from europe, but not to my home airport, and I flew back a few days later to my home airport on a separate ticket. Did not get the 1500 cash option though as it was not over 3 days.
For some reason, I always thought they don't cover if it is lost on the leg back to your home airport. I could be wrong though.