FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:26 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I see a lot of discussion about the value in qualifying in both programs but am trying to understand if there is any value to me.

I already qualify for LTPP as I have been a Marriott PP for several years and am well over 2000 nights. I also have 85 actual nights for the year and will easily hit 125-150 actual nights.

However, I just realized I might be able to get 25 stays on the SPG side and qualify for plat based on that. Is there any advantage to doing so? Any extra SNA's, to the extent they are of any value?
IF you can get 50 SPG nights in to earn the 10 SNAs, that might make sense. There is an on-going debate if those with more than 75 nights at the merge will get the 5 SNAs vs those that CROSS 75 nights after the program merges. I expect MPG to be accommodating to those that request the 5 SNA for having more than 75 nights.