FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swissair & Swiss old Timetables
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:26 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Originally Posted by Concerto
Sorry about almost derailing the Zurich-Sion thread, probably some of my comments belong here rather than there.
I almost posted this question in that thread as well, but then I thought it might be a little bot too off topic so I started this thread.

Originally Posted by Concerto
This is a great thread. I have been doing something similar, but going back even further into the 80s, when I did lots of flights with British Midland, Dan Air of London, Air UK and even Air Ecosse! I did a lot of Swissair Crossair flights from the mid 90s, but I never noted aircraft types, strangely. I logged flight numbers, operating carriers, booking classes and operational changes, such as op ups. Interesting collection of memories. Nowadays, I write a short review or commentary after each of my flights, despite them being more anonymous in nature these days. I should put them on a blog but haven’t got around to it. It’s a million times better than that mindnumbing, unreadable trash written at Skytrax.

That‘s really cool! I meet a group of Swissair pilots every other year (my parents were FA on SR) and they always have great stories to tell. I wish I was around then already.

If I may ask: How do you organize your travel history? In an excel sheet or maybe even traditionally per Hand?
I use BA97 and keep all of my done and future flights and their information there (it‘s even exportable as excel sheet!) and for the less trusting you could untick showing your travel publicaly. The site also makes some fancy graphics out of your input data like total miles flown or AC type per distance or segments etc. Even though those flights are somewhat sensible data I‘m trusting enough tjat not enough people will care about it except me.

I only started doing this a few months ago including noting the AC reg. Having always held on to my Boarding Passes for the last few years those were quite easy. So with those and the time stamps on pictures of the travel as well as passport stamps I was able to pretty much recreate the last twenty years. But everything older than 10 years is only vaguely estimated and sometimes I didn‘t even know the dates or airports. But I‘m working on completing it currently! It‘s a fun little side project indeed.
​​​​​​