FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:03 pm
jasonvr

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by always_solo
This is GREAT info! I was wondering you could "pick and choose" with the all inclusive options. I have breakfast included, so I can't imagine drinking/eating $420 worth of beverage/food across lunch and dinner EVERY DAY, but it might be fun to have a day of gluttony where my friend and I just eat and drink to our hearts content!
You can not pick and choose dates for the Food plans (full board, half board, premium AI). Those apply for your whole stay. Just the AI Drink option (which is 195 + tax/service charge of 22%) can be done on a day-to-day basis

I'm just finishing up my 6 night stay here and plan to post a full review as well as my experience with the Premium AI after returning home and things settle down

BTW - for those who think they'll just eat lobster every night and make the Premium AI worth it - it's impossible. The Island Grill was only open with the normal menu 2 of the 6 nights we were here and that's the only place you can get lobster
Night 1 - Taste of the Maldives - Grill closed
Night 2 - Grill open
Night 3 - Grill closed - unknown reason
Night 4 - BBQ Night, normal grill menu not available but there was grilled lobster in the BBQ buffet and BBQ night is included in the Premium AI
Night 5 - Grill open, but we had our private beach dinner that night
Night 6 - Seafood buffet - grill closed, not included in the Premium AI

Oh, and the Wagyu steak is gone from the menu. The menus on the iPad app are now out of date. The ones one the website are more correct (though I can't say for sure they're 100% accurate). The app is no longer used on the in room iPad as well (at least the one in our room). Instead they have PDFs of the menu downloaded for viewing