FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:12 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Apparently all Fort Lauderdale area properties only have the option to request a quote. I requested from 3. Got an email back from one and spoke to the sales mgr and was told that you cannot earn nights for events unless you book rooms as well. I explained that this was not the case and directed her to the MR website. She said sorry but you only get 3 points per $ and no elite night credits unless you book rooms as well.

The 2nd one responded today and advised she had not heard of the elite night credits for rewarding events. She asked me to email her the info from the MR website so I did. She called MR directly and they advised her I was correct about the 10 nights but also advised her that it is MR that posts the nights and not the hotel and use of the Group Posting Tool I mentioned to her was not how it is done.

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. At least I will get to book my 2 needed meetings this week to hit 76 nights....I believe this this will be my 10th year Plat across both programs..
Yes, anything beyond the basics just doesn't seem to make it to the properties. The ONLY question I would pose to them is if they know of and use the GPT. If they do then you are pretty much good to go. If they don't then it's time to move on.

As for local hotels, the West Palm Beach Marriott does allow booking online, just got to go out a few days (7/27 as of now). Reducing to a one hour meeting takes the rate from $250 to $100. Not sure what their policy is regarding no shows.