FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix w/ *A Partners (YES) & Non-Partners (NO) {Archive}
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:28 pm
EsquireFlyer
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Checking Baggage to Final Destination on 2 Separate UA Tickets

In September, I will be flying EWR-SFO-TPE, with EWR-SFO and SFO-TPE on two separate United tickets. (Because .bomb kept glitching on the final screen with the vague message "an error has occurred; try again later" and making me start all over whenever I tried to book both flight segments on the same ticket. The connection time is ~2.5 hours, so it wasn't an MCT issue.)

My question is: how can I get my bags tagged all the way to TPE? In the past, this would have been relatively simple for a UA agent to do; they would type type type, check you into both reservations, and the luggage tag that came out would have both segments on it. But now, with the "new and improved" checkin lobbies at EWR, all non-GS are basically forced to use the EasyCheckin kiosks. And the agents / contract staff just walk over and stick whatever tag the machine spits out on your bag. So does anyone know how I can get an EasyCheckin kiosk to print a bag tag that includes two segments on different tickets?

Or can I flag down a UA-uniformed agent and ask them to check me in on their side of the desk, without using EasyCheckin?

Many thanks.